I Forge Iron

What do you carry?

I have to confess- Sig/Sauer P229 or S & W Model 66-2.5"-First thing that came to my mind.mike t.

LOL Mike! That was funny, the people I know that are into carrying guns have called it "packing" not carrying but I see where you could get confused.

Maybe a thread elsewhere on the site could cover what people "carry" or "pack". I'd list mine but don't want to hijack Robb's thread.:cool:

Larry, thanks for the pic. I like your key hook also. I agree with Doug C about the variations in our work making them unique. Yours will smooth out with use. The only glitch with mine is that when I sit in some chairs the keys lift up & might come off. That's something you might want to watch for. It depends on how tightly yours fit.

I would never consider it highjacking. LOL List away.

Mitch

Larry, no problem on the name. Some people think my name sounds better the other way around anyway!
I wasn't clear before, but what I meant was the keys coming off. I don't have a problem with the hook coming off my belt. I put a small curve at the bottom of the flat part that curves under the bottom of the belt. That holds mine secure.

Mitch

Take a complete turn going past a full circle to a circle and a half plus, seperate the coils slightly, then the key ring can be threaded onto this in effect closed ring and a half thus restraining the bunch of keys which have to be positively manipulated off rather than just lifting off either intentionally or accidentally.

It can be twisted to lie parallel with the belt

It almost like a small section of a corkscrew or a helical thread.

Hope you can understand this, sorry haven't got a picture of one I used to use this method quite often on the hook end of a hanging bracket to prevent items just being easily lifted off by motion or hijackers, the ring can be closed together after mounting whatever off the bracket, making the item reasonably secure from the opportunist element in society (Polite way for th***ing s**m))

Edited by John B
added info

I have a length of small chain with a belt clip at one end and the keys I need to carry staggered down it. Two bunches really, home and work. On one bunch is a leaf keyfob and on the other is a mini horseshoe. Folks tend to notice them on the tube (if your sat down they appear at eye level) but mainly I use them as a "Yes REALLY, I'm a Blacksmith, here, LOOK..." When what I do comes up in conversation with people.

• 2 weeks later...