I Forge Iron

Walmart & China

ChrisB

Based in Bentonville, Arkansas, Wal-Mart is the largest private employer in the United States, with just over 1.1 million U.S. employees. Only the government hires more people in the United States.

According to its official site, as of June 30, 2004, the company had 1,409 Wal-Mart stores, 1,562 Supercenters, 539 Sam's Clubs, and 70 Neighborhood Markets in the United States. It rang up $256 billion in sales last year. Reference

I do not know of any other store where a person can buy a gallon of milk, diapers, a can of spray paint, a shotgun and ammo, 15 live goldfish, a blender, a pair of spiderman underwear, a bottle of jack daniels, new tires put on the truck and a bag of manure, while you are waiting for your anti-depressant prescription filled.

Mean-Yote; I can dig up where that little general store up in the hills of WV that can do a lot more than that, trapping gear and tractor parts and a restaurant and dried cured hams and bacon, and... but the perscription would have to be filled somewhere else.

They had a nice collection of mining and logging loco's too!