I Forge Iron

Howdy

EvilTexan

Well, you got you foot in the door, so go to IForgeIron.com > Getting Started and get started. Then move on to IForgeIron.com >Lessons in Metalworking > Blacksmithing. Then it is just a matter of packing a lunch and a cold drink, going to the IForgeIron Forum, to the bottom of the page and click on archive. Then click a section and sub-section and remember that there are more pages 2,3,4, listed at the top of the page. You need to look at all of the pages, not just the first one. (grin). Welcome to IForgeIron.

Hey neighbor! Grab something to eat and drink, let someone know what you are doing, (you could be here a while!) and enjoy. To get some hands on at the hammer check into Balcones Forge, they are the blacksmithing group in your area and welcome visitors. Visitor most often become members so beware!;) If you ever get up to where the trees grow give me a call. I'm about 120 mile east of Dallas. Once again, welcome.

EvilTexan,
I am just out of San Antonio also. This is a great site where great information is shared.
Look up Balcones Forge
This is a good group. They meet on the last Saturday of the month. The meetings range from Llano to Fredericksburg to Austin to San Antonio...... This months meeting will be in San Antonio and I am told that this is a good one to attend.
Jerry