I Forge Iron

Trying times

Ferrous Beuler

Monday morning I have to have my wife to the hospital, Strong Memorial in Rochester, New York for her scheduled surgery.
The time is short. We have been counting the days coming down to this and trying to ignore it as best we could. knowing it was coming and trying to just keep on a steady normal tack has been surprisingly easy up until now.
It is getting heavy as the hours dwindle.
There is nothing more to talk about anymore and no avoidance.
Please join us.

Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us and lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil.
For thine is the kingdom and the glory forever and ever, amen.

As the hour approaches I feel so helpless in the face of this. The ex marine in me wants to grab this brain tumor by the throat and visciously kill it but it is an elusive foe beyond my reach.
Please dear Lord may she come home to us as before, my wife, our Mother, the center of our family, my best friend, amen.

Dan, You and your bride are in our prayers.
I can't imagine the weight you must feel, wanting to fight for and protect the one you love, But not being able to grab the foe as you said. I have been there and feel for you.
It makes for a very painfully frustrating feeling.
I am equally as sure the Lord will see you through as he is the only one that can truly understand us and help us.
God Bless
Tim & Anna Marie

Dan,
of all the things I fear, the one I fear the most is the one that God has chosen for you to face. There is no envy. But know that we will all be praying for you and your Mate. Also, I will give you both a day of fasting and prayer this week.

Paul & Margie, and children

This morning my wife had the surgery to remove the tumor.
Never in my life have I felt so stripped bare for at a moment such as this, one is left to feel so removed from all else and focused.
An odd feeling then ensues and holds you. I believe this is the concerted power of prayer from so many in so many places all at once in tune to the one for whom the prayer is offered.
Up until this point the pressure and stress had been building to a crescendo, then all at once there was a warmth and clarity and I knew I was not alone and there was no worry any more. This came when I had to go to the waiting room and the staff took her to the surgeon.
Prayers for her were being said by more people than I know all over the country and I felt that.
Three hours later the surgeon, truly a stand up guy, a true pro came to us all in the waiting room and said all went very well. All of the tumor was removed and very little bleeding. No complications.
An hour later I was allowed to be with her and she was able to speak and she was hurting very much but still the same old gal I love so much and she was joking, and crying because they had to cut off so much of her hair.
That is o.k. with me! Hair grows back.
I want to thank all who followed this and prayed for her.
All were there with her I know, I felt it.
Thank you.

Yep, and we are not going to stop till a full recovery is made! And even if the hair doesn't grow back, that doesn't change the person.

A friend of mine has just gone through a bought with cancer with his wife and her hardest thing was to lose the hair she hadn't cut in 30-40 years, the thing she said she appreciates the very most was the fact that my friend stood right by her and helped her brush the hair out and once it was all gone, he told her she was still beautiful, and that the hair changed nothing about the way he loved her.

Yep, and we are not going to stop till a full recovery is made! And even if the hair doesn't grow back, that doesn't change the person.

A friend of mine has just gone through a bought with cancer with his wife and her hardest thing was to lose the hair she hadn't cut in 30-40 years, the thing she said she appreciates the very most was the fact that my friend stood right by her and helped her brush the hair out and once it was all gone, he told her she was still beautiful, and that the hair changed nothing about the way he loved her.

Nate I know exactly what you mean. Looking at my wife today was not easy with all the swelling on the right side of her head, it is so swollen. Also she now has an incision closed with 34 stainless steel staples that runs from her right earlobe curving back over her ear and then like a fishhook across the top of her head and down to the middle in front, just behind the hairline.
Once she gets hback the hair they had to shave only a little 1/2 inch scar will be visible by her right ear.
Even with all of this, the 10" Frankenstien zipper, the eye like a billiard ball sized tomato and the awful pain she is in, to me she is as beautiful as the moment we exchanged vows. No matter what, a beautiful woman has a way of just being beautiful no matter what.
None of us ever want to see the ones we love suffer in any way and I'm just so glad she is moving past this now. Amen. Thank you all so much for the prayers. Dan:)