I Forge Iron

SDC press

TWISTEDWILLOW

Here’s a couple of pictures from out trip up to silver dollar city in Branson Mo this summer, 

there’s this giant fly press being used as decoration out there, actually there’s blacksmithing tools and machines used as decoration throughout the whole park! 

this thing caught my eye, not sure how much it weighs and the pictures don’t do it justice, the ball weights were around the size of standard soccer balls or basket balls maybe,

I wasn’t able to get a whole bunch of pictures around the park cause I was chasing Max and riding rides, I missed the blacksmiths shop this go around but here’s a quick picture of the Knife smiths shop there too 

IMG_8991.jpeg

IMG_8990.jpeg

IMG_8989.jpeg

IMG_8988.jpeg

IMG_8987.jpeg

Gee thanks a LOT Billy now there's ANOTHER cool place I need to visit when we start snow birding the lower 48! It's too bad you can't read the lettering on the fly press better. It makes me wonder if someone standing to one side shining a mag light across it at an oblique angle would help.

Frosty The Lucky.

Jerry

its most definitely worth a trip for anyone to go to silver dollar city, apart from being a major tourist attraction/destination with all the modern stuff, it’s filled with craftsmen of all kinds, one of the first things you see when you enter the park is a guy hewing logs with a broad axe for use all over the park as well as their camp grounds, it’s very steeped in ozark tradition there, with everything from glass blowing, blacksmithing, wood working and carving, hone made foods and candies, knife smithing, candle making, and the list goes on, lots of good shows to watch any time of year, and more rides to ride then you can shake a stick at if that’s your thing, personally I’m not big on rides but a lot of people love them

I highly recommend y’all make a stop there if y’all snowbird down here in the ozarks, it’s definitely expensive but I feel it’s worth the trip just to meet the artists, see the sights and eat some good food, 

branson has alot more to offer then just sdc, there’s a little bit of everything up there, make sure to do some recon/research before planning a trip because there’s so much more to do an see up there

we’re talking about making a second run up there later this year in November or December before they shut down for the season, 

Randy,

next time we go up I’ll give you a call, maybe you an Debi can meet us up there and catch up on on the latest stuff in sdc

we still plan to go visit eureka springs one weekend, max has never been there and it’s a beautiful place with lots to explore, we will definitely give y’all a call when we get that way too!

That's a monster press for sure, to bad there wasn't a board describing the old thing in detail.  Seems to me, I have seen an photo of it somewhere but maybe I imagine it...  You didn't try giving it a spin?  Your description of the whole place makes me want to visit.  It kind of reminds me of a ghost town turned tourist attraction I visited in Arizona a long, long time ago.  There were old stamp mills, mining equipment, blascksmith and machinery scattered all about.  Great fun eyeballing it all.  No rides though.

Now that you ID it I can see it. Dang I miss my teen age eyes! A web search provides some interesting reading on the company. Thanks Buzz.

Now THAT's timing! I was just about to submit my reply when you posted the stat sheet, Scott. Thanks.

Frosty The Lucky.

15 minutes ago, Scott NC said:

was kind of more interested in where it came from, what it was used for, etc....

Scott

theres tons of old machinery of all kinds throughout that place, I think they built sdc in the 1960s so they probably collected rusty old stuff from the area back then when nobody wanted this kinda stuff