I Forge Iron

DIY gate with bars in the shape of a spider's web

hi, a friend of mine more bizarre than me would like to make a gate to close the garden in the countryside in the shape of a spider web, a sort of cobweb, he believes that with scrap iron he gets a unique and useful structure to block access to his farm. I wonder how I should do it, the loom is fine, but to baste the bars that will make up the spider's web, how do you advise me to do as I go? Do I make the frame with two doors with a rectangular door or do I really give it the convoluted shape of a spider's web? which bars do I use, smooth or shaped like concrete reinforcing bars, I have to find a solution that is easy to make, economical, robust and easy to install thanks.

Ornate Spider Web Gate. My Father is an artist, but he refuses to admit it.  | Gothic house, Goth home decor, Garden gates

Schwarz commentsWebGate – A Sawyer's DaughterSpider web gate | Garden gates, Welding projects, Projects:wacko:

What size gate?   Will he have to drive a  tractor through it?  If he is more bizarre than you, I would make it out of rebar for the texture first, or whatever you have on hand for economy.  Add some hairy spiders with fangs dripping venom.  You could put some flies caught in the web, waiting for their doom.   Don't hold back.  If it get's too heavey you can put wheels under it it to support the weight.  I've used pipe for hinges on heavey ones.   Maybe put an arched top on it like that walk through gate, 3rd picture down.

no portal above it, some trucks should go through it

Cancello Standard Verde 2 ante Il cancello robusto - Vendita online su  Fenceshop.eu

size of the doors about 4 meters, I can also make it less than 2 meters high and more than one meter and 50 centimeters

Recinzioni in rete metallica - Lavorincasa.it

Do I do it with two doors or with a single door? how does it suit me?

https://www.bricoportale.it/fai-da-te/tecniche/lavorare-il-ferro/cancello-in-ferro-fai-da-te/

The examples shown should be more than enough to get started. If I understand the question. 

If need be tack weld a diagonal brace on the square or rectangular frame till you fit and weld in the web portion. Sounds like a fun project. 

Two or one door is fine. Make the inner web to fit which you do. 

If the last pictures are of what is there now you could even reuse the frame, or copy it and add the web design into it. It is just a simple frame and ad to it. Or, you could make the whole frame part of the web. It all depends how You want to do it and how hard you want to work at it.