I Forge Iron

advice table desk desk workstation office advice design.

angiolino

hi sorry if I disturb, in my shelter laboratory I have my workbench welding station, I would like to create a study office corner, a corner where to put a sturdy table a desk to have fun reading the newspaper, consulting books designing sketching, supporting the computer, or a workstation versatile multi-purpose to my personal needs. therefore I thought of creating a personalized desk table, the measures would be: 70 cm wide, 80 cm high h, 120 cm long, you will tell me buy it, I would like to create a banquet, light versatile robust useful for any eventuality, perhaps to disassemble delicate objects, what can you suggest to me, I state that an emporium was selling 80 € therefore between material and time I should save, perhaps by recycling objects or other materials. what do you think, thanks greetings.

Good to see you posting again Angiolino. :) 

It sounds like you want a small table, you don't list drawers or a back with shelves for letters, papers, etc. 

Years ago I found some short, 3 drawer file cabinets and placed an old door across them to make a desk. Not that you want something that crude, I was a bachelor and didn't entertain. However a nicer top and it might fit your needs. 

Making it so you could take it apart to move or store shouldn't be difficult. 

Recycled materials could be from kitchen remodels, a section of counter top and a bottom cabinet or two would be worth watching for. Depending on how sturdy you want it just the weight of the top on non-skid pads might be enough or you might want to connect them with L brackets and screws. Depends on what you need.

Those are just ideas. If you give us a better idea of what you'd like I'm sure we can come up with better ones.

Frosty The Lucky.

thank you for your kind availability and your valuable advice, I have space problems so I have to work out, sorry if I'm not an active user, but you understand well where I come from are delicate moments, thanks again greetings to all.

There are a number of books available with plans for building "nomadic furniture" ; in fact the book "nomadic furniture" is available online in a pdf.  They tend to be DIY guides to building simple easily built furniture that is built to be able to be "flat packed".  (Much of it is built of plywood.)

I prefer the medieval trestle tables with wedges designed to be built from real wood and disassembled for storage and transport.  (Plans can be found online!)  Built from recycled wood you can have a sturdy work surface that you are proud to show off.