I Forge Iron

Early PFP anvil pricing help

Hi, everyone!
  I used to do metal working years ago, and have been dragging my old anvil around with me in case I ever took it up again.  Now I'm considering selling it.
  I have a 50 kilo early PFP anvil, single horn.  Only a little pitting on top.  Clean edges, although it has been rounded down on about half the face with a grinder.
  I'm curious what's a reasonable asking price for this thing?  Any help appreciated.  Thanks!  -Drew

London pattern or Italian, Southern German, French, Spanish?  I wouldn't give a price till we know what country it is in; anvils are cheaper in England than in Australia for instance and this is an international site!  Also a picture is pretty much mandatory.

Howdy from eastern Oklahoma and welcome to forum!

anvils prices vary here in the states too,

here in my territory I’ve bought used anvils at $2 a pound but in some other states and areas the prices could be as high as $6 a pound 

yours look like it’s in excellent condition so you shouldn’t have any trouble selling it,

If you want to sell it on here you might wanna update your profile to show your location, just Incase there’s potential buyers in your area,

also we have a tailgate section if you want to list it there

Welcome aboard Drew, glad to have you. If you put your general location in the header someone interested in your anvil might contact you IF they live within a reasonable distance. Unless you ship free distance is an important consideration, in addition to the going value of anvils in the location.

Frosty The Lucky.

Welcome from the Ozark mountains.

We won't remember that once leaving this post, hence the suggestion to add it in your profile. If you do decide to list it for sale, the Tailgating section after reading the rules is where to do that, posting for sale in the other forum sections is prohibited.