I Forge Iron

Daniel Moss Candlestick Challenge video

Billy,

Negative buoyancy.... when we were in basic training USCG one of the class suffered from that. He would jump into the pools deep end and sink like a rock then walk on the bottom of the pool to a ladder and climb out. By the end of basic he could actually swim up to the surface and tread water. He became a very good swimmer but still couldn't float and he graduated with the rest of us.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a friend that could walk across the bottom of the pool---his Dr kept telling him he was fat; nope all muscle and negative buoyancy!     When I took SCUBA in college I was the last person doing the laps to get into the class.  The instructor finally came over and said "If you want in that bad; you'll have no trouble with the class, get on out!"

The only trouble I did have is that I am profoundly nearsighted and had a prescription diving mask, (borrowed from my older sister).  Well when we did the mass ditch and dons I was basically doing it by feel. OTOH the guy who got my mask tended to blow it to clear it out, open their eyes still blurry and would blow it out again, repeat till they ran out of air!