I Forge Iron

OC Spike Head Tongs

BD1

Hi, I'm thinking about getting dedicated tongs for railroad spikes. I'm a beginner and wonder what you guys prefer for railroad spikes. I did search and read what some use and suggest. 

I saw these at on line, xxxxxxxxxxxxx

They have an economy one too which have a different jaw. xxxxxxxxx

I read about gooseneck tongs here and many say to avoid them. on line has those. xxxxxxxxx

I'm planning to use for bottle openers and basic playing with spikes. and don't want to try to make them. Thanks.

commercial links removed

BD1 I MUCH prefer wolf's head box tongs, similar to the "economy" tongs. I don't care for holding them on the corner.

These links are going to get removed as soon as moderators see them. We are NOT allowed to post commercial links like these. Do NOT take offense, you knew the rules or you didn't read them when you signed up.

Frosty The Lucky.

They all are from on line. The gooseneck offset spike tongs, which hold the 5/8'' square body. 

The economy spike tongs, which have a 90 bent end to hold the head with flats. These are imported

The other is another that holds the head, but has a ''U'' shape end for the head.  If not allowed please delete

tongs 12.jpg

Economy Spike Head Tongs

tongs 11.jpg

11 hours ago, BD1 said:

I can't find ,how to edit my post .

To edit your post within the allotted time (a half hour I think) click on the three dots upper right corner. If you have a pair of old nail nippers, bring them by my shop and I'll show ya how to modify them to hold a spike head.

The pictures are fine and you can tell us which company you saw them on, it's the link to the commercial site that's not allowed. 

For example you could post pics of a couple used cars and say they're at Sticky Finger Frank's used cars and you're good. Post a link to Sticky Finger Frank's and you're violating the rules. 

Make sense? Don't sweat making mistakes, learning to use Iforge has a learning curve and everybody messes up now and then.

Frosty The Lucky.