I Forge Iron

New Guy

11xray

Hello all, I'm the blankety-blank of the day, I suppose. Don't know blankety-blank about blacksmithing, but I do a lot of melting and casting. This community has been a wealth of knowledge as I have been working with my foundry for 2 years now. During business hours, I am an IT Professional, currently involved with Information Security. However, I have a long career involving Desktop Support, and prior to that, I owned a brick and mortar computer repair shop. If I can be of assistance in that capacity, don't hesitate to ping me. Have a great day! 

I would recommend editing your post before the mods get to it.. IFI is intended to be friendly to all ages. My general rule is if I wouldn't say it in front of my 6 year old nice, I shouldn't post it here. Anyway, welcome aboard! Glad to have you.

Welcome aboard. 

11xray. Mortar? if i recall correctly? I was a 19 kilo. Thanks my brother.

Like Frazer said, the mods frown on the bad language. May want to edit while you still can. I think you only have 1/2 edit window. 

It's fairly common for earthy folks like smiths---or OIT's----to run afoul of the Moderators getting started here.  Quite a few of us have been moderated before so don't let that stop you from toeing the language line and participating anyway! (I've been moderated for a typo before.)

It would be nice to have some skilled foundry folk participating as we generally get the "plaster of paris and sand----I saw it on youtube so it must be so!" folks here. Especially as you have had experience on what can go painfully wrong!

If you are ever around central NM give a shout!   (I hope to be at Quad-State in September if you show up there!)