I Forge Iron

need advice (sourcing manufacturer US/EU) & casting method!

Al cheapest?  No way! One of the ZAMAK alloys would be cheaper and faster to cast.

"So, thanks to its simplicity of use, to the fast cycle and the low melting temperature, the zamak alloys are more and more often prefered to other alloys in various production fields: hardware, mechanical components, components for the automobile, for household appliances, in particular washing machines, dishwashers and refrigerators, bathroom and kitchen taps and handles, components for modern showers and Jacuzzi, handles for door and windows, lighting accessories for home and office, and even fashion accessories."  from pressfinmetal.it  (Who you may want to contact as they seem to do this sort of thing commercially.)

On 3/26/2021 at 7:36 AM, Deimos said:

For casting, maybe you can give RAM Mounts a call, 

hey Deimos:  i reached out to ram mounts via email days back and they still haven't got back to me. do you have a contact there that i could connect with?

JonesK: You need to stop quoting everything you're replying too or the site moderators are going to start moderating you. There is NO reason for it except in specific circumstances say you're responding to one sentence in a long post. Using the  "@" tag also causes the moderators more work, the forum software doesn't  use Tags and it messes up the works.

Lastly Emailing large companies with questions is a good way to be ignored unless you're ordering something really profitable for them, say 10,000 units of one of their products. 

The telephone will put you in direct contact with a human receptionist, who can handle questions not on a programmed list. 

Having your hooks forged might be an option as well. Have you looked into that option?

You're running into one of the REAL problems with designing something without knowing anything about materials or manufacturing necessary. IF it's a good enough design selling it to a manufacturer and collecting a royalty solves all the problems you're encountering right now. 

If you respond to me don't quote any of it.

Frosty The Lucky.

OK I'm gonna ask it. What in the world is this thing? I have a couple of ideas, but would like to know what it is/intended use. I have no interest in ripping off your idea or design, and if I did there are things you can do to protect it and yourself. 

Perhaps if you indicated what it is, the guys on this forum as I have found out, will go through xxxx and high water to assist someone in a problem solving situation. by telling us what it is, we can easily make more informed and accurate recommendations. 

I'm thinking about putting you in touch with someone that I have in Europe that might be able to help, but first thing he is going to ask is, what is it? How large is it,  What are the expected wear properties of certain components, can it be made in two pieces, three, etc, etc..