I Forge Iron

New anvil

Cain C

Hello, I'm looking to purchase a new anvil. I like the double horn style and have around $1500 to spend. I could use some suggestions on brands and where to buy? Any help is much appreciated.

A Rigid Peddinghaus Model 9 fits your description and could probably be procured and shipped in your price range. You can see various perspectives in the thread on the brand.  I bought a Model 12 from PlumbersStock several years ago just because they had the lowest total price + shipping at the time.  I would buy it again. A quick search engine scan shows more options nowadays, but most of them are similar in price (~$1200-1300, presumably not including shipping). If you choose this one, you may want to shop around on combined price, taxes, and shipping. 

• 10 months later...
On 6/14/2020 at 11:01 PM, Chris Williams said:

A Rigid Peddinghaus Model 9 fits your description and could probably be procured and shipped in your price range. You can see various perspectives in the thread on the brand.  I bought a Model 12 from PlumbersStock several years ago just because they had the lowest total price + shipping at the time.  I would buy it again. A quick search engine scan shows more options nowadays, but most of them are similar in price (~$1200-1300, presumably not including shipping). If you choose this one, you may want to shop around on combined price, taxes, and shipping. 

We’re you happy with plumbers stock? How was shipping speeds? 

See my response to your IM for more details, but yes, I was happy with their service. Shipping was basically 3/4 of the way across the US, and was typical for freight shipping of that distance to a residence (i.e., add one day for them to transfer to a local company with a lift gate truck if you need one). 

This was all 7-8 years ago, so it may or may not still be the same.