I Forge Iron

Anvil identification

Welcome aboard Bighig, glad to have you. If you put your general location in the header you'll be more likely to be invited to visit folk living within visiting distance and a lot of things are location dependent. For example a great price for you might be laughable in another place.

Judging by what I can see of the anvil there's nothing there to buy. 

Maybe you can help me, how much gasoline should I put in the string trimmer?

Frosty The Lucky.

I have the opportunity to purchase an anvil at a decent price. But was wanting to know if it is the brand of anvil the seller is saying it is. Any help would be greatly appreciated ladies and gentlemen.

s-l400 (2).jpg

s-l400 (3).jpg

s-l400 (1).jpg

s-l4001(1).jpg

Sorry frosty  I couldn't post pictures at first and accidentaly submitted it. But I posted pics on another post.

Mod note: The two threads have been merged. In future, remember that you have a half-hour window to edit a post, and there's nothing stopping you from adding photos in a separate comment on the same post. If you make a really bad mistake and don't get it fixed during the editing window, click the "Report this post" button in the upper right-hand corner to request assistance from a moderator.

Weight is an the front foot in pounds along with a serial number that can be correlated with a date of manufacture.

DROP EVERYTHING *NOW* AND GO BUY IT!  That is a "bragging rights" price on a Trenton in that condition!

(Why are you still reading this you should be out the door by now!)

I cant just run out and get it. As its located In New York. 

xxxxx xxx xxxxx (non critical info removed)  Now that I've posted where to find it. I'm probably gonna get outbid. By someone here. :) It would be my first real anvil.

I'm ready to get something other than my railroad track to beat up some metal on. 

No need to apologize, using the forum takes some time and a few mistakes. We can't provide meaningful answers or suggestions without enough information and a picture IS worth a thousand words.

It looks to be in pretty decent condition provided it doesn't have hidden problems like a delaminated face or it's been through a fire and been annealed. From here it appears to be stamped 125 lbs. to the left of the serial number. 

125 lb. Trenton in decent condition for $100 is a darned good deal. I think I'd be on the road were I looking for an anvil. What do you mean, "can't run out and get it,"? I forget, where did you say you live? 

People aren't going to read back through your previous posts to to find out where you live. Once we open a different post your location is deleted from our memories. Details like that don't make it to short term memory. Unless it's important to the post being read they don't even make it to transient memory, your location was gone when I finished the sentence in which it was written. 

I'm not grinding on you, I'm only illustrating why it really makes a difference to have your general location in the header. That way we can glance back to the top of the post we're reading to see if you're close enough to offer that power hammer in Grandma's shed or the bucket of smithing tools I've been tripping over, etc. 

Seriously, Iforge has on average more than 50,000 subscribed members in 150 +/- countries around the world. 

Frosty The Lucky.