I Forge Iron

Hello from Northern Ireland

Hello, this is my first post, just want to say hi from N. Ireland.  I[m retired now but have a wide interest in wood, iron, leather, canoeing, flintlock era and my dog.  Also married with 3 adult kids.  Like most people reading this, we are in lock down here from COVID 19.  My wife is American and our daughter is current living in N. Jersey so we have concerns about that but nothing anyone can do.  So keep safe and make the most of this time to be creative and enjoy those who really matter.  

Welcome, I went to high school in NJ and so have been following it's numbers; pretty rough alright. I take comfort in that *most* folks recover!

One of my adult Daughters with 4 sons is in Okinawa Japan and we worry about her. My wife has become overly focused on disaster reports lately and so I've started going through our collection of Fry & Laurie's Wooster and Jeeves series' DvDs, in the evenings, in front of the wood stove.

Now is a great time to make things for the family and wood/iron/leather makes for some great crossover projects.  Show us what you make!

Good Morning Hugo,

Welcome to this part of the world. Another day, above the Earth! Bonus!!

There is a ton of information available here. Fire up your tea pot and a plate of knibbles, take your time filtering true stories/fact from fiction. Sometimes the subject falls off the rails, but nobody gets hurt or insulted. Logic is a HUGE factor, when you are trying to make sense of it.

Enjoy the Journey1

Neil