I Forge Iron

Old threads on Heat Treating (Maybe even Keen junk Old)

Hi all. I'm looking for posts I put up years ago on various aspects of heat treatment. I've been using the search tools on IFI and have been able to locate a few, but I haven't been able to figure out how to search for all my post on a given forum without including a search term. Is there a way I can do that? I recall that years ago I put up some info on Keenjunk and I recall some folks saving that and reposting it here. Does anyone have that material they could share with me? I'd like to use it for a project I'm involved in and though I could sit down and rewrite it, it would be much easier if I could use what I've already generated. thanks.

Patrick

Thanks guys.

Thomas-Things are going well and life is full. I got the 500 lb bradley running last fall. At the moment most of my time is going into building a shop for Josiah. Annabelle is wrapping up her senior year and work is full of fun projects including some new interns starting an just over a week. I've been asked to consult on the metallurgy portion of a new book on knifemaking which is why I was looking for my old posts. Many of the errors I see in the manuscript I addressed in those old posts. The bulk if the book is very well done and I find it very enjoyable to read so I think with some tuning on the metallurgy side it will be a very good resource. 

I was able to do a quick review of all my posts and found several that are promising. Thanks for that tip Irondragon.

Thomas-I forgot to ask you what kind and size of hammers you got? Will you keep them all and set up a school? You are a fantastic teacher!

Patrick

Well I already have the #1 Champion and so was going to keep the 25# LG and have sold the 50# LG to a friend/student and then there is a Hawkeye Helve hammer that I was thinking might work well for armouring if I can find someone in the local SCA that's interested in it.

Patrick; I've discussed teaching you to be like tossing  gasoline on a fire!  New Mexico Tech has a bladesmithing club that is separate from the forge up at the Fine Arts: Metals department.