I Forge Iron

Bluetooth Compatible Hearing Aids

Chris C

WOW!  I'm "stepping up" in the world.  I'm getting a new pair of hearing aids and I was told today they are Bluetooth Compatible.  I'll be able to connect to my Smart Phone.  That's great because I can't hear voices on my cell phone most of the time.  But I've also realized I'll be able to get a transmitter for my television.  Presently I use cumbersome TV-Ears and I'm forever losing them at various places in the house.  And what's worse is the TV-Ears plug my ears so when my wife says something during a movie or a television program, I have to remove them and ask her to repeat what she said.  It has become rather irritating for me to have to remove them to do that and irritating for her to have to repeat what she's said.

Does anyone on the forum use a television transmitter for their hearing aids?  What type/brand did you get and are you happy with it?

Chris

Yup, IFC, hearing aids have saved many a marriage.  However, mine had started failing because I sweat so profusely and am destroying them.  Seems in the last 13 years since I purchased them, Bluetooth technology has been introduced.  One of the biggest problems I have is hearing the television..........and also hearing my wife while watching it.  These Bluetooth transmitters supposedly transmit the audio directly into the hearing aids.  Churches and movie theaters also have Bluetooth transmitters.  Whodathunkit?????   That's why I'm trying to find people who can give me recommendations on a transmitter.

Do not know about the TV thing.

Just got fitted for hearing aids last week (Rexton Li RIC Rechargeable/programmable), had to purchase an additional peripheral device to (bluetooth) interface with my android phone. Apple products have more resident compatibility with the hearing aid  Cartel. Wish I had gone deaf next year, when there will be many more over the counter options. Se la vie.

I am fortunate in that my hearing aids make my very loud tinnitus go away. Does not happen for everyone.

Robert Taylor

Three of my co-workers have them and love them. None of them have the transmitter for the TV, they just adjust the hearing aids for their surroundings at this time, a couple taps on their phone their good. Their so pleased with them that I'm going next week to see what my options are.

If you don't already wear hearing aids, you'll be shocked at the improvement.  Most people don't realize it when their hearing has degraded.  I can adjust the volume on my aids.........all aids allow that.  Only problem is all they do is raise the volume...........which includes all the distracting background noises.  When we are at a restaurant and a nearby table full of little kids gets rowdy,  it's actually more effective for me to turn my aids off.  Then I can't hear background noises but can hear my wife reasonably well.........because most hearing impaired folks read lips whether they realize it or not.  If aids are new to your life, good luck on your new journey.