I Forge Iron

Depending on decent results of a rebound test and condition of the face plate (needs tested and hard to tell from photo) I might offer $1.00 per #. The "bandaid" is worn out and the horn isn't stable. Unknown faceplate condition and rebound results but it could possibly make for a good usable anvil. Just mount the horn separate. 

There are a lot of anvils out there, so don't be in a rush to get one just to have one and get stuck with something damaged like the one you pictured.  I remember feeling like I needed an anvil and I was on the hunt pretty hard for one.  I understand that feeling completely, but I was determined to find a decent one that I could afford and waited well over a year to get mine.  It was through a friend's, friend's nephew that I found mine.  I'd pass on anything like what you have pictured unless the price reflects the damage.  I"d pay $50 - $75 for that anvil at best if the face was in great shape and had great rebound.  Perhaps the horn can be fixed, and perhaps not but either way it's not worth $275 in my opinion.  Keep looking!  I have two anvils now and the first one I had to search hard for but the second one fell in my lap for $50.  If you have $275 saved up, wait until you have about $400 and you should be able to have your pick of decent serviceable anvils to choose from that weigh a little more.  About 150 pounds is a good shop size anvil to look for.  Good luck, and let us know when you do find your anvil.  

10 hours ago, Cedar Crest Forge said:

but this market has gone crazy lately.

I was in Redwing Minnesota last weekend and stopped by an antique store. He had lots of blacksmith stuff. He had 6 80pound anvils and wanted 550 to 600usd each. Uffda. No deals there!