I Forge Iron

How to transport 2x 5x5 acorn welding tables

Teddybo

So I  i’m going to a welding business estate sale tomorrow and I already had the opportunity to get a sneak peek at and bought 150 pounds worth of electrodes still sealed 20 bucks.  The guys asking 500 apiece for the flat welding tables but I figure it out from 700 for both and by the way he was pricing everything else that I wanted pretty sure he’ll go for it. I don’t own a truck but I have friends who do and are willing  to help me but the  table isnt going to fit in the truck  and I’m not even sure if trailers are 5 feet wide that I can rent .and I don’t know how to move it short of jacking it up putting thr legs on I-beams and then tackling them to the ibeamd and then slowly ratcheting it over pipestone roll oh  onto a trailer does anyone else have a better idea 

Greetings Ted;

I moved mine 200 miles. I rented a lowering hydraulic trailer that worked quite well . The trailer drops down to about 8 in. They move around the shop with a hydraulic floor jack pretty easy. 

Forge on and make beautiful things 

Jim

Just be sure to secure that thing to the vehicle. Then check the bindings early and often to be sure they remain tight.

You do not have to move it legs down, it can be moved legs up or taken out of the frame. Old tires will aid in keeping it from sliding around on the bed of a truck. If you run out of options, rent a U-Haul box truck or trailer. (think large enough to haul a vehicle)

As I recall they may weigh about a ton each so be careful and do not get under the thing.