I Forge Iron

Fire from the top of my burners. Help please.

Eventlessbox

When I first light it it does just fine. Then when it starts to really glow this happens. For those who can't see the video the flame suddenly stops being blue and goes to a flame similar to a lighter comes out of the top of the burner pipes as well as both openings.

I am not an expert, but the only thing I can think of causing something like that would be the heat rising off the forge is causing the metal inside the burner T sections to expand, possibly opening up enough gaps to screw with the propane/oxygen mix causing.

I'm sure that someone else will chime in with far more knowledge than me, but that's my gut reaction that there's no proper insulation on/near the burners. Perhaps some pictures of the forge?

Dissasemble the brass fittings, use pipe dope, gasket sealant, or gas rated thread sealant on their male threads (keeping it off of the last two threads on each part), before reassembly. You have a very minor leak in one of the joints; that's all it takes in some areas, and in some configurations.

I would further advice, that you close off the back opening of the forge, and remove the front burner, so as to increase the distance between your exhaust flames and the remaining burner's air intakes. Otherwise you may find further problems developing with your burners from overheating during long periods of forge use. What is happening is that those burners are too close to the forge openings. You have probably seen lots of burners positioned that close without obvious problems in other forges. But your forge also has tall narrow openings, which encourage the exharst path to rise more steeply than otherwise; this means that you could also stop the problem by lengthening the forge with more brick, to redirect the exhaust paths more horizontally, if you are determined to keep both burners...

Ok. I will take a look at both. Luckily the bottom is open so I can easily remove the bricks and just put a solid brick in place of the burner. The two burners was from a previous burner design i had attempted before finding the great plans for the t burners here. Should I try to fully close the back or will blocking the opening with a firebrick on the back shelf be enough? 

I can't thank you enough for the advice and direction.