I Forge Iron

Enderes Tool Co Anvil

Thanks Glenn. I’m located in Tulsa, OK; profile has been updated.

Thanks Thomas Powers. It looks to be in good shape and comes with the stand and small, attached foot vise. Asking price is $500 for anvil and stand.

Weight of anvil?  If you put farrier anvils in your browser search you can probably get a bunch of places selling farriers anvils and stands to compare prices with.

Note that farrier's anvils are usually not the best for heavy smithing or bladesmithing but can be very handy for ornamental work.

Greetings Jamal’s,

Had one and sold it for to Mr Postman. For hi collection He said that Enderes did not make anvils larger than 12 pounds. Mine was probably a prototype. As I remember the face was soft and dented easily. Best check rebound and hardness. 

Forge on and make beautiful things 

Jim

Thanks Jim Coke.

Thomas Powers, I’m looking to use for light forging and knife making. By asking me about TPAAAT, I assume you mean to keep looking.

Jim Coke,

I called Northbridge Tool LLC, which is the company that aquired Enderes Tool Company and all of its assets when Enderes closed their doors. They told me that Enderes did make 3 sizes of anvils in addition to the novelty, paper weight ones that most are familiar with. 

A new 125 JHM Journeyman farrier anvil is in the $750 range from Anvil Brand.

If it is in your budget and you are comfortable paying that much, get it.  You may see how much he will knock off for the stand. Farrier stands are usually lightweight and fold for transport. Not really a good set up for shop forging.

Not Necessarily; it's just so many folks seem to focus on buying stuff the more expensive ways all the while complaining about the price.  Have you looked through the improvised anvil thread yet?   I had friends build an excellent 100#+ anvil for US$25.  Now it doesn't look like a London pattern anvil; but for the last 3000 years or so and around the entire world *MOST* anvils have not looked like the London Pattern anvil...

As I run my hobby on a tight budget I've always looked out for ways to get the same results for much lower costs.  Others choose otherwise; I just think it's important that they know it's a choice and not a mandate.

Thanks ThomasPowers. I completely understand. Currently I’m using an improvised anvil that I made out of railroad tie plates, some heavy channel, and round stock. I also have about a 24” long section of railroad track that I whack around on as well. I just keep my eyes open for a decent deal on the real thing. I found the anvil in my original post; it is close to me and I just wanted to gather some more experienced opinions before making a purchase.

Thank you all for the input, advice, and suggestions.