I Forge Iron

Get a load of my new Grinder

Steve

The original plans describe finishing it off with a gear shift knob or similar on top of the pillar to compress the spring for belt change.  that would work ok, as I'm essentially doing that now without the knob to change belts.  I plan on putting a mount behind the motor composed of a couple pieces of angle iron with an axle at the top for the lever to pivot on.  This is to run forward over a roller which I will mount on the back side of the tracking wheel support.  plan on putting a t handle on it so I can get to it from the front or the side.  drawing not to scale and the details to be fleshed out yet.  just to give you an idea of what I have in mind.  

forge217a.jpg

Unless I misunderstood him, he's just talking about adding a handle to make belt changes easier.  Based on what he wrote I don't think he intends to do any grinding involving the use of this handle/lever, just "slacken" the belt so it can be removed easily.