I Forge Iron

Bladesmithing Student Work at Nazz Forge 2016 to Today

TheoRockNazz

Sure a lot of smiling people Theo. Maybe I should get a move on finishing that seax. I picked up a garage sale food saver with the external vac line for $30, the next step is seeing if it'll draw enough vac to stabilize handle material. I'd use commercially stabilized wood but I've had this Myrtle wood for something like 35 years and I picked it up specifically to make knife handles.

Now if I can find someone locally that carries heat curing single component low viscosity impregnation epoxy . . . Or heck jut buy some Cactus Juice and take one of the yard sale dorm fridges apart for the pump.

Frosty The Lucky.

Hey Frosty, if you don't have any luck with the food saver, you can send the piece of myrtlewood down to me and I'll stabilize it for you and send it back. If it's not too big a piece.

Note to Theo: I'm making progress on the collaboration knife. I'll post an update soon. It's just been a steep learning curve, but that's what I tend to do, design things that take a lot of work and learning.