I Forge Iron

$15 for one stick of 1/2" square

Can you guys give a hint to how prices stand now, 5 months later? Have you seen any improvement? The irony is that for the average person to buy something in hard times the prices need to be lower just when the craftsman are being hit hard by higher costs. Hopefully, though, they can make it through the hard times and when things turn around can recoup. They tend to lose either way. If you keep prices low your profits dwindle and if you raise them you lose sales. Hopefully things are looking up a bit. I would definitely like to hear more about how things stand with all of you now.

Well since I made this thread the price of 1/2" sq has went from $15 to $22 :mad: 3/8" is about the same price but they have shortened the length from 20' to 12' :rolleyes: They said because its easier to handle. ok..whatever

I buy local but their iventory is never more than a few weeks old. He just told me the other day that cold roll was going up 4 cents a pound over hot roll. Scrap is suppose to drop again this Friday but it may take months for that change to catch up to our steel prices. Scrap rose again a few months ago so we are seeing the effects of that about now. Thats what they suppliers are telling me. My dads buddy owns a scrap yard so I know what acrap prices are.