I Forge Iron

mayer bros power hammer spring issue

• 4 years later...

Have one turned and heat treated at a spring shop, you might have to shop around to find one that turns coils though. Search out the patent papers online for the specifics of the spring you need. I have them for my 50lb. Little Giant by Meyers but I don't know if they'd tell you what you want to know, every time a new company started producing a virtually identical device they had to alter is a bit to get around paying royalties. Soooo, even though my LG was built by Meyers it doesn't mean they were actually the same. Some stuff was interchangeable but not everything.

Had I noticed Daniels lament above the same advice will put more information in your hands than a boy could want too bad it's a 5 year old post. 

Frosty The Lucky.

Welcome from the Ozark mountains. It might help to know where in the world you are located. Information on where to buy springs in my area would be no help if you are in Australia.

I did a search with Google, like the Read This First thread suggests, "Mayer spring site:iforgeiron.com" without the quote marks and it came back with 9 threads relating to the Mayer spring on the first page. Maybe in one of those threads there is your answer.