I Forge Iron

Forge practice blade

PapaDooks

So the stepdaughter has this weird thing about a zombie apocalypse happening.(teenagers) so out of some scrap 1075 i had laying around i played with and made a 1 piece little blade to give her to use when the zombies start to rise from the graves. Warning this is rough as guts and i was running out of charcoal by the time i started to HT.

599d7386baaf4_IMG_03971.thumb.JPG.f3f76f62c6a13562e083c10b1d4d804c.JPG

Well as they say with zombies, you gatta destroy the brain so it could be better with the end piece swept out as a guard to keep the hand atom slipping down the blade when hitting bone. Good practice piece tho. It looks quite functional. 

Zombies, erk, I don't get the craze. Do folk really need slow easy targets in overwhelming numbers? I'm far from a fan but in contemplation I figure just walk faster and lead the walking dead to a political rally, demonstration, protest, etc. They'll be extra hungry from trying to keep up and starve eating the Zombie diet food at the protest, demonstration, rally, etc.

Frosty The Lucky.

6 hours ago, Frosty said:

Zombies, erk, I don't get the craze. Do folk really need slow easy targets in overwhelming numbers? I'm far from a fan but in contemplation I figure just walk faster and lead the walking dead to a political rally, demonstration, protest, etc. They'll be extra hungry from trying to keep up and starve eating the Zombie diet food at the protest, demonstration, rally, etc.

Frosty The Lucky.

I'm not so sure zombies would like politicians, Frosty. Too bitter, I would think. 

The blade looks pretty good, papadooks.  Were it me, i would have bent the end of the handle out to act as a guard, like Das mentioned, dont want to cut your own hand with zombie blood everywhere. I'm curious though, what happened to the edge to chip it?