I Forge Iron

Anvil Identification

John O

Thank you to everyone who provided a response. I am happy the anvil was identified. I am keeping it, but does anyone have an idea on what the value may be?

On 8/13/2017 at 8:18 PM, ThomasPowers said:

C in a triangle is a Columbian an all cast steel anvil made in Cleveland OH. They are considered a good anvil; but like most cast anvis: be careful of the edges and MUTE it's ring!

Thank you very much.

Several thousand pesos; it is in Mexico like I am right?  Over 100 countries participating here.

In the USA an anvil can vary in price by 50% just between Ohio and New Mexico.  However in general that anvil should go between US$2 to US$4 a pound in the USA with higher prices possible if you are in certain locations.

3 hours ago, John O said:

Thank you to everyone who provided a response. I am happy the anvil was identified. I am keeping it, but does anyone have an idea on what the value may be?

Thank you very much.

If you go to your profile and add your general location, we could supply more specific answers.