I Forge Iron

Latest Project

Here's my latest -

Commissioned by a client to build him two matching woodworking benches made from trees he had tipped on his property then milled by band saw.

3 ft wide by 6 ft long by 37" high. mortise & tenon joinery with square pegs

I was amazed how consistent the fella was with his mill - I went through 32 - 2 x 6's and 4 - 4 x 4's and none of them were more than a light sixteenth out of dimension.

Sorry this is in the wrong section Glenn - I didn't see a forum for woodworking.

5598.attach

Hey guys,

Thanks! Appreciate all the great comments!

Yeah, Mt St Helens - she's quite the ol girl - Whatta' show it was in 80'

I made these out of fir - my client dropped 30 of them and built a barn and then some - Being fir they're not the best for a work bench top - I warned my client they'd get pretty dinged up. Might have something there with wanting to put 1/4" plate on them - not so pretty grain wise tho . . .

It was one of those projects you love to do but they take over everything so you're SO glad when you finally get them out of your shop!

Thanks guys!

It was a great project to do especially because the wood the client provided was from his wife's family property so it had a lot of emotional value to them. (The wife is now thinking of having me make a similar table to go in the tack room of her horse barn)

Valentin - post the pictures of yours when you get a chance - I always love seeing things like that!