I Forge Iron

Peter Wright Information

Hello to all. I would like to ask all of you for input on this anvil. Any information you can give will be helpful. I have the opportunity to purchase the anvil and would like to know what would be a fair price. I am located in northern Louisiana near the Mississippi line. Thank you all in advance. I have been lurking for a while but this is my first post. If this isn't a possibility, I am going on vacation soon and am planning to stop in Greenbrier, Arkansas to look at a place that has several. 

20170711_192604.png

received_1863845350602919.jpeg

received_1863845363936251.jpeg

received_1863845203936267.jpeg

Welcome where are you from ? I'm from Start Louisiana. Glad to see someone from around my area . 

That anvil has a lot life left in it , do a rebound test and a ring test first . How much do they want for it, and how much does it weigh. I personally won't pay more than 2.50 per pound , but many pay much more than that. 

I'm from down around Wisner. They are asking $500. More than I am willing to pay. He's been offered $350 and didn't take it. Still a little high I think. He says 110 pounds, but from the markings I come up with 105. So, it is close, I guess.

6 minutes ago, Thief_Of_Navarre said:

Yeah like you said should be 105lbs. Still high IMO given your area! I'd wait for your trip and see what opportunities present themselves ;)

Thanks! You wouldn't happen to be from Navarre, Florida? We have vacationed there every summer for 7 or 8 years. Going again this summer in August.

5 hours ago, huntca said:

Thanks! You wouldn't happen to be from Navarre, Florida? We have vacationed there every summer for 7 or 8 years. Going again this summer in August.

i would avoid the place ... apparently there are some thieves around :)