I Forge Iron

Any one know what anvil this is? or blower

It looks like a John brooks cast steel anvil. Still made in England today. A quick google search brought up anvil's that look just like it. Looks like you got a great deal! But depends where you are. You should add your location under the edit profile page.

No one can tell if a blower is any good from a picture!  Can you look at a picture of the outside of a car and tell us what shape the engine is in?

So does it turn? Are the gears worn out or broken?  Does it need more than a good thorough cleaning and then proper oiling?

Might be a nice little blower for a small forge; or it may be scrap. No worries, you paid way under market for that anvil so the blower is rather a freebie.

In your area I'd say the anvil would be 3-6 US$ per pound; maybe more. It looks to be in excellent condition and a good brand and a very usable and portable size! (LOCK IT DOWN so it doesn't go walkabout on you!)

I would certainly clean up the blower; however I would check to see if just removing the old gunk in the gearbox will do without any more disassembly than carefully opening the gearbox and soaking the interior with a solvent for old grease; I do not suggest gasoline, but kerosene or diesel soaking for a week or more can help remove a lot of crud.  Note that there are adjustment screws on the side of the gearbox.

Grease solvent and a wire brush and EYE PROTECTION, then flush with clean solvent. Place so it can drain and let it sit till dry and oil it good and reassemble.  Is there an oiling fitting on it---over the R in forge?  Get a small pump oiler and give it a dose every now and then.  I assume there was no sign of a gasket when you took the gear case apart?  These blowers were commonly more of an oil flow through system and will generally leak oil so watch out for clean concrete floors if you store it in the garage!  (a tray of cheap cat litter can be a help...unless you have cats...)

Cover it up with scale so it can't be seen!  I'd run the wire brush over the face and get to forging myself; but I'm rather "rustic" in my ways (some folks claim in my looks too, rather foolish what with so many hundreds of square miles of desert out back...)