I Forge Iron

Help ID an anvil

If she has a tape measure, getting the overall length, top face width, and height can give a good ballpark of estimated weight.

I'd get that info before putting a value on it.  Some people are wildly inaccurate in weight estimations....

nice looking anvil, happy metal pounding.  and value can be deceptive, wether you paid a little or a lot, sometimes you buy what you can when you can, and use it whenever you can...its yours :).  got lucky on my first anvil, a well used Vulcan for about 90 cents a pound. no ring of course but I don't have to worry about blowing out my ears when striking.

Great to meet someone from the Island of Jersey; do you have problems sourcing equipment since everything needs to come in by ship?  Or are things like anvils relatively cheap like in the rest of the UK?

Or did you mean *NEW* Jersey the state surrounded by New York, Pennsylvania and DDelaware?  (I graduated from Holmdel High back in the mid 70's, Holmdel is located between mile 114 and 117 on the GSP)  We have folks from over 100 different countries participating here; including several from various islands all over the world.