I Forge Iron

rescuediver

Hello all, my name is Carl Schober, I'm from Springfield,Mo. I would like to thank Glenn for getting me all lined out as a member. Also this is the best place i have found for useful help in getting started in blacksmithing. I have almost completed my first forge thanks to info and pics found here. Again, thanks to everyone!

Hi,and having just jioned on myself this is a great place to learn and gather information from a great group of people and no question is a stupid one.We all started out wanting to learn or we wouldn't be here.Welcome aboard!

Live life so that when you die even the undertaker feels sorry! Mark Twain

Well Richard, The diving hobby came about 4 years ago when on a cruise in the Caribbean. I tried it and really liked it. And being a first responder, my instincts went the next level to become a rescue diver. As for the forge... I have welded for over 20 years, and fabbed just about anything you could imagine. My wife likes plant hangers and such so i decided to make her some for her birthday this year. Well... after using my torch to heat metal and twist and beat it into the perfect shape on a piece of rail iron, I then started my search for an anvil and forge. Since that search began I have ended up making everything that i needed. I made an anvil from a piece of 4" plate 14"x28" and hard faced it myself. Then Built my forge and firebox. As soon as I figure out how i will post pictures.
Thanks, Carl