I Forge Iron

Duraborad Suppliers

Square Nail

Long time since I posted on here The last time was talking about my coal fired forges but now have decided to build a square tube propane forge. I have all ready made a couple of Frosty's burners and the forge body is being fabbed now. Which leads to my dilemma I would like to use duraboard or something similar but not stuck on anything in particular. Have have read hundreds of posts here and several different web sites which has completely made my head spin as to what is the best for my use. Money isn't too much of an issue but I don't like just throwing money away either! 

I have been unsuccessfully trying to locate a local supplier of Forge lining material in my general area. (Eastern Oregon, Western Idaho etc) At this point I am not set on any one style or brand but would like to be able to see what I'm buying before paying all the shipping and handling. Does anyone know of a supplier of these materials in my general area! 

Thanks

Duraboard is a good product. EJ Bartell used to have locations in Spokane and Portland but they were bought out by Distribution International and may still have stores there. Do a web search for outlets and what they carry. It's where we buy refractories here.

Frosty The Lucky.

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

Duraboard is a good product. EJ Bartell used to have locations in Spokane and Portland but they were bought out by Distribution International and may still have stores there. Do a web search for outlets and what they carry. It's where we buy refractories here.

Frosty The Lucky.

Thanks Frosty! Distribution international still has outlets in both places. Thanks for the leads!

• 4 weeks later...