I Forge Iron

Should I put a wooden handle on this knife?

StumpingIron

In my own personal opinion, I would go for a wooden handle, because I believe it would most likely feel too heavy on the back if not. I think there is a reason why metal handled knives aren't very common (although sometimes going against what is common has its merits).

I would also like to know more about the knife itself. What will be it used for? What steel is it?

Thanks for letting me know and it is going to be used as a sort of scribe for wood and also other things like a box cutter but the scribe is the main use and for the steel I have no idea I just picked a massive bar of it out of my friends backyard but it is very flexible but it is not hardened also the metal is 5mm thick thanks again.

There's something I find aesthetically appealing about that big chunk of steel, so maybe a cord wrap to allow those lines to show through would be nice. Whatever you do, it does look like it's going to need at least a bit of sharpening: that edge looks just a little blunt. 

On 3/25/2017 at 2:21 AM, StumpingIron said:

Thanks for letting me know and it is going to be used as a sort of scribe for wood and also other things like a box cutter but the scribe is the main use and for the steel I have no idea I just picked a massive bar of it out of my friends backyard but it is very flexible but it is not hardened also the metal is 5mm thick thanks again.

For that use, I would forge it with a pineapple twist and ball for the pommel.