I Forge Iron

Hello Everybody!

Rsparozi

Good Evening IFI community,

I've been a member for about a month now, quietly reading the massive wealth of information available on the forum, and I wanted to take the opportunity to introduce myself finally, and thank everyone for sharing their experiences and knowledge. 

I am I guess what people would refer to as a weekend warrior, not by choice, just a busy newly wed trying to keep a job. I've been tinkering in metal for about 18 months now, and it has become a real passion of mine. I have a small setup with a single burner propane forge I crafted, and a 106lb anvil, and a 42" belt grinder. While I enjoy welding and blacksmithing little trinkets, sculptures, and other forms of metal art, I've fallen hook, line, and sinker for the art of making blades. In the coming days I will begin to post some of my work, and I look forward to conversations with many of you, as well as any suggestions or critiques on how to improve my skills. For now, attached is my favorite to date, a small hidden tang grafting knife made from 1095 that I created for my dad, with a thuya burl handle.

Once again, thank you to everyone in advance.

Best Regards,

Rick

IMG_1325.JPG

Thanks gents, appreciate the kind words. I purchased it online off Bell Forest Products. The wood was a beautiful piece with a lot of character, and sanded nicely to a polished finish. This photo was taken after I hit it with some mineral oil so that's what gave it the great shine.