I Forge Iron

Looking for advice... Trenton Anvil

NEB sells several different castings at cost to our membership, photos and prices can be seen on our website under the "membership" section.  But I think Dale is correct, the upsetting block isn't on there.  Contact Bob Menard for details.  We are a non-profit educational organization and provide the castings as a benefit to our membership.  Non-members can buy the castings for an additional $25 which just happens to be the price of membership!  Shipping gets expensive for castings but we sometimes do bulk shipping for larger orders, Bob just sent a pallet of fire pots to the California Blacksmith's org.  

Just consider Sargos as being in the extreme far western part of New England.

Judson, do you happen to know the weight on the upsetting block? I could always get one from Bob on one of my business trips to Maine, if it doesn't put me over the weight limit on my free checked bag....

1 hour ago, JHCC said:

if it doesn't put me over the weight limit on my free checked bag....

its fairly heavy, two hands full for me.  They would have a ball if they x rayed your bag and this lump showed up.  :o  Now we could cut it into smaller pieces and take it on several trips and then "weld' them together. 

Sorry, I've been on the road all day chasing items for my shop. 50# of coal, 50# of coke, 3# rounding hammer, and about 30 assorted tongs in various stages of rust.

The Trenton anvil sold before I could make the two hour trip to the coast, my search for an anvil continues. I am meeting a local antique hoarder tomorrow that has some anvil for sell. Of course I will be testing them and getting pics (and asking forum members for advice) before purchasing... Unless one of them just jumps out as an obvious purchase immediately item.