I Forge Iron

Nimba anvil

New axe maker, there are a few threads on IFI wherein people talk about Nimba anvils. A little searching, and you'll find lots of info.

Pro tip: IFI's search function isn't great. If you do a Google search and include "iforgeiron" as one of your search terms, you'll probably find what you need.

NIMBAs are really good. I actually learned how to blacksmith on one, I can't think of anything wrong with them other than how LOUD they are and that they might be a teeny bit soft. Actually getting one might be a bit hard though, when I was anvil shopping they wouldn't return any of my Emails. I'd suggest you also look at these http://www.hoffmansforge.com/my-work/anvils/   They're very similar in shape to NIMBAs but are squatter and a little less expensive.

• 2 years later...

I am also looking for a new anvil and reached out to Nimba, it took them about a week, but they got back to me. Hoffmans Forge got back to me within a day and Holland Anvil messaged me on FB within a day. We have four Nimba anvils in our metal smithing and sculpture studios at the University of Wyoming. They are very nice. The traditional London pattern of the Holland anvil is nice as is the Continental Pattern with shelf of the Hoffmans Forge 110# anvil. 

Hey Mitch, i saw our Holland anvils mentioned in this discussion. I looked back at your message and it was after 11 PM local time or you would have had a reply in under an hour. Once we switch over to a website and emails the replies will not be as timely as they are now on messenger. As far as Nimba and Hoffman anvils go, I appreciate you including us in such fine company. Buy American made and thanks again for the consideration. 

That's really odd about Nimba, I was in Bremerton for a hockey tournament and tossed them an email asking if I could swing by during our downtime during the weekend. The response was within a couple hours and I made the trip over and had a great talk with them. I will absolutely be buying a Nimba Centurion when I upgrade in a year or so from my NC Round Horn.