I Forge Iron

My forklift anvil hack and stand

2 hours ago, loneronin said:

...you could also rotate the picture

I think he means from different camera angles, in order to see the anvil more fully, making sure some aspects aren't just a trick of the light. 

I'd like to see more of it too- How are the welds? Are they full penetration? Did you harden and temper after welding? How's rebound? 

On 10/19/2016 at 6:20 PM, Michael Cochran said:

Can you show some pictures from different angles? I don't really want to comment on what I see because it might be a trick because of the angle of the picture. 

My apologies for late reply... Here are some more pictures. I'm not sure if they are full penetrating welds. But the shop I took it too, told me he used some high impact resistance rod. He gave me a number, but cant remember. 

20161023_173854.jpg

20161023_173945.jpg

20161023_173913.jpg

On 10/20/2016 at 3:26 AM, Ridgewayforge said:

I think he means from different camera angles, in order to see the anvil more fully, making sure some aspects aren't just a trick of the light. 

I'd like to see more of it too- How are the welds? Are they full penetration? Did you harden and temper after welding? How's rebound? 

Here's a video clip of rebound. It's not too bad I guess..

20161023_181758.mp4

5 hours ago, Michael Cochran said:

That looks pretty stout and nothing like what I thought I saw. It looks like you have an anvil, now let's see what you can  make. :) 

Thanks! Took me a while to make a leaf and this knife. My arm was pretty tired! But I had a lot of fun with these two projects!

12705577_10205599059431466_8246824231032883185_n.jpg

14566387_10207295879170899_8230496521688329045_o.jpg

4 hours ago, tdaleh said:

Great texture on that leaf. Nice to see how  you made  your  anvil . Thanks for sharing. 

Thanks! There's a video on YouTube: "Jesse James Blacksmith part 2" 

He goes to Israel and works with Blacksmith Yuri Hofi, Yuri states he still learns by making these leaves. If it works for him...means I can learn a lot.

1 hour ago, Michael Cochran said:

I've yet to make a leaf in the few years I've been doing this lol. What kind of steel did you use to make the knife?

I used the obligatory leaf spring...LOL. Can't wait to finish it! Still need to quench the blade and leather wrap the handle.