I Forge Iron

When blacksmiths are turned loose in the kitchen...

Probably right about that though being a good cook is additional mate bait. Heat management talent plays in too I believe. I LOVE goat's milk, chill it in the fridge and you have to eat it with a spoon like custard, a cup is a meal. Great stuff.

You've probably said already but what kind of goats and how many in the herd?

Frosty The Lucky.

Grade Nubians. 3 does, one doeling, one buck and the two weather/kids, lunch and dinner...

Two girls on line, One off line till she freshens mid November, they have a good spread on coming in to heat. And ol'george has been in rut sence mid July. 

Got to get a brooder stat mind make a yogert incubater as well 

Kid picks up the flavor of smoke on the BBQ or smoker like nothing else I know, one of my favorites. I've always liked Nubians but Deb says they're too loud. Do you have a tether ball set up for them, they play an awesome game of tether ball. You just don't want to try playing them. I love the sense of humor, smart and mischievous.

Frosty The Lucky.

Heh heh heh, folk thought I was joking when I said you could hear them butting heads over the TV indoors and we raised African Pygmies. A couple of the girls liked to rub their heads against your back, about the ONLY head game we permitted. We disbudded as soon as buds  started to show. They still sounded like bowling balls colliding head on at about 20mph. makes you cringe but they love it. One of their favorite toys was the street sweeper brush I brought home it must've been two weeks before they'd leave off scratching against it for a while. It was always covered in goat hair.

I miss the goats, especially kids. The rut stinks though.

I just looked at the clock, it must be 3:00am there.

Frosty The Lucky.

Yes sir, easy to fall into the IFI time warp...

I typicaly prefer polled, but this batch came a bit to old for it. They are all tractable, it's just that the grand babies are eye ball to eye hall with them and the goats have got their bluff in. The worst they realy do is rear at then and occasionally reach over and give them a poke. For the rest of us that are taller than a 3 coming 4 year old, it's one wanting to crawl in to your lap, wile the other two stand around nibbling on your hair...

morning coffee is never lonely.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg