I Forge Iron

coffee grounds soak up lead & mercury in water

SLAG

Just reported.

Spent coffee grounds infused foam removes lead and mercury contaminated water.

Millions of tons of spent coffee grounds are disposed of each, around the world. Some are used as soil fertilizer and conditioner. But the a major portion are discarded or end up in land fills. Scientists just reported a new method to make practical membranes in order to make high through-put membranes for water decontamination.These foams can extract toxic metal ions from contaminated water., as the water flows through the filters.

Check out https://www.acs.org/content/acs/en/pressroom/presspacs/2016/acs-presspac-september-21-2016/coffee-infused-foam-removes-lead-from-contaminated-water.html  for more details. Exciting stuff!

SLAG.

Okay, we just learned sugar clears 94% of Hexavalent Chrome, cadmium and copper from water. Now we learn coffee is good for filtering out lead and mercury. Please let us know what cream filters out. I'll start taking cream and sugar in my coffee! Man life is weird enough to keep a person going a long time.

You read some of the coolest stuff, I haven't quite gotten through the last couple you PM'd me. Been busy, I didn't lose interest. I really wish we lived close enough to share a table at the coffee shop there's no telling what we'd cook up.

Frosty The Lucky.