I Forge Iron

Bryan's brother Steve Black

Bryan

Howdy.

My brother Steve passed away last Thursday, September 29th around noon after a 16 month battle with brain cancer. His funeral was Saturday October 1, 2005. He had been walking and talking quite well up until a few weeks ago, but was beginning to have trouble gettting up from sitting. His last MRI came back with a 50% growth in the tumor and the doctors at Emory Hospital in Atlanta told him there was nothing more they could do. The doctors said he has about another 2 months, but the hospice nurses feared that he would not pass that quickly, and would be in very sad shape for months until finally dying. Thankfully he was spared that lingering helplessness. Although I did not quite make it to see him before he died, he was surrounded by family and friends at his passing. His faith remained strong, and although it was not a journey of his choosing, he was thankful to the Lord through it all.
I thank you all for your prayers in his regard. His wife Sara, and children Summer and Stephen, as well as step-children Lisa and Shirley can still benefit from your prayers. (I don't remember Lisa and Shirley's last names, but the rest have the last name of Black.)

Thanks

Bryan