Jump to content
I Forge Iron

getting started and have some tong questions


Recommended Posts

On 6/30/2019 at 7:03 PM, Chris The Curious said:

What are these tongs called?


I've seen a lot of videos where these are used to hold blocks when smiths are making pattern welded steel. 

These are sometimes called "Haberman tongs" after the great Czech smith.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

They are also called pick up tongs in a more general sense.  I know that sounds as general as it gets but if you Google pick up tongs those types of tongs like you would use to pick up hot fire bricks or billets and such are what you get. I've heard them called that here also.


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...