I Forge Iron

Damascus Bowie

HEAP of JEEP

As I've been forging up stuff for my upcoming craft show, I kept going back and working on this knife.  So it felt like it took a lot longer than any other knife I've made, but total hours is probably about the same.  I was trying to come up with something that looked cool and would draw attention to my table.  Hope this does the job, cuz I don't think I have time to forge up another one if I'm going to get all my hooks and things done.  Less than two weeks to go and I'm feeling pretty stressed. 

343.jpg345.jpg350.jpg353.jpg355.jpg360.jpg

19 minutes ago, Soupyjones said:

That is a great blade. I really like the look of that pattern. What did you make that guard from?

Sorry, forgot to put in all the details. The blade is 5160 and 15n20 with a 1080 cutting edge.  The guard is just mild steel.  Started with some scrap 3/4 round and drew it out to its basic shape, but left it straight.  Drilled and filed the hole for the tang, then after the handle was fitted, heated up the ends and bent them over a piece of round stock.  Did the final clean up on it, then etched it in FCL for a few minutes to darken it up, then added some temper colors with a propane torch and finished it with some lacquer.  The handle is some reclaimed walnut with a single brass pin.

Nice work Heap. 

Dont stress the show. it will be a learning experience. You'll find out what to do and what not to do and things to do better. My first time selling got me a lot better prepared for the next time. 

20 hours ago, Dustin Quade said:

As always your work is super impressive.

agreed, and especially since he hasn't been doing this for too long of a time. Making excellent progress!

Littleblacksmith

• 2 weeks later...