I Forge Iron

Suggested Price for Kohlswa Anvil - Type A1, 71 lbs?

Location will help define the value of your anvil. It really depends on where you are located, along with the condition and size of the anvil. A small anvil like your fathers could be worth more in an area where there are few anvils. Please put in your location and maybe we can help you. 

I'm afraid i can't agree with njanvilman, I live in a very poor anvil area. I recently purchased the anvil pictured below for our ABANA affiliate for $300. It is a near mint 100lb Brooks cast steel anvil that was listed on craigslist. You may be able to get more for you anvil but its best not to create unfair expectations. if you can get between $3/lb to $4/lb you will be doing very well indeed.

nmaba anvil 001.JPG

nmaba anvil 006.JPG

FF I bought a 112# PW in Albuquerque in Excellent shape for $150; but have not seen a deal I liked since then.  

If selling you need the ranges for top price, usual price and give away price...If you work a trade you can usually go up in price because the other person may have the trade item for a low price.

b4utoo-around here (PNW), in very good shape from $800 to $1200.

OP- 71# is right in the range for farriers anvils. Good ductile iron farriers anvils, brand new, start at $300 delivered. Around here, probably $250 to $350 for a reasonably quick sale.