I Forge Iron

Hey guys, saw this little guy in the machine shop at work this morning... Maybe 75-100 pounds, cast body. Bought new by the plant where I work probably in the past 25-50 years ago. No more than 75 years ago when the plant opened.

I can make out CCA with what looks like 21B under it. 

Any idea on what make it might be? May try to see if they'd let me buy it and take it home...

image.jpeg

More pictures would help, but why do you think it has a cast body? It looks like it has a top plate for the face, much like a wrought iron bodied anvil.

Some of the later wrought iron anvil's bodies were forged in closed dies which can look somewhat like they were cast because of a parting line.

The anvil resembles an Arm and Hammer anvil because of the distinctive top plate and also the shape and point of the horn. A&H manufactured anvils up to the 1950s. I agree with NJanvilman that the numbers could have been added later. If you can pry the anvil out of the stand see if there are any numbers on the front foot.