I Forge Iron

Un identified object

Collected this item from a boot sale ,the seller when asked said he had know Idea what it was and for a quid "£1" I could have it.

Could not resist it at that price any notions as to what it might have been used for ? ,the spigot an back scale are both adjustable.

Regards .

DSCF0081.JPG

DSCF0083.JPG

DSCF0082.JPG

DSCF0084.JPG

Can you post a pic from the side compared to the angle of these shots, showing what's on the bottom of the spring loaded shaft thing please? I have NO idea what it but I want one! It'd be cool even as a coffee table toy to keep folk entertained if they've already heard the story I'm telling at the moment.

Seriously I just want to play with it.

Frosty The Lucky.

10 hours ago, duckcreekforge said:
10 hours ago, duckcreekforge said:

I would say it is a valve seat stone dresser. A lot of engine valve seats are 30 degrees and 45 degrees. Does the end of the black screw have a diamond for dressing grinding stones?

I would say it is a valve seat stone dresser. A lot of engine valve seats are 30 degrees and 45 degrees. Does the end of the black screw have a diamond for dressing grinding stones?

Yea I think you are bang on the money after a google search of valve seat stone dresser.

A few extra pics for Frosty to conclude his train of thought ?

Will have to think of a use for it 

DSCF0087.JPG

DSCF0088.JPG

DSCF0089.JPG

DSCF0090.JPG