I Forge Iron

Chromoly swords(?)

Mr Maximilian

If there is a way to make the bobble head only shake its head in a disapproving manner with Steves face on it, it would be AWESOME. but it has to be the face image from his avatar to properly get the expression across.

Steve has grilled me a number of times over asking questions that have been answered before, always pushes me to find what he speaks of and read it, a lot can be learned from just reading this forum. I know I have. 

So thanks Steve, for being cranky, but also for having put so much awesome information where it can be found and sometimes guided too. 

I'm late to the party, but I have one question, who the ____ are you and what have you done with Steve?!!

in truth Steve went easy on the OP, usualy he is very spare with words and patience for "stupid" (read that as "willful ignorance). 

Inperson a great guy, on line, still a standup guy.

to quote Glenn "learn enugh to be ignorant". Do that and the chermugions will patiently share all they know, act like a spoiled child, not so much. 

Mr. Max had not said anything about being new to blacksmithing. He said he hadn't made a sword in too long and had only been making axes. He asked about an alloy, then gave a more precise details about the alloy, as ask. Then he was labeled an idiot and was told to go back and read six pages of posts that say, why idiots shouldn't try to make swords.

Read his 3 posts. 

Since Jammer pointed out he feels that the OP was an experienced smith, why does he ask about using a non hardenable alloy for swords? The pinned topics state clearly this section is for serious blade work, and if people want wall hangers to be clear about it or do not be surprised at a less than comforting reaction.  Mr Max choose to make the false statements of having made real swords before, then proved he was a either a troll or a fraud by his questions posted.

How could someone have not seen the contradiction?   In my opinion it is not a good idea to start a fight with people that have backed up their claims of having a more than a clue about swords.   I also pointed him to the local smithing group in his area,  People that I have meet personally that could help him, and in return he wanted to pick a fight.  Now are you sure that want to want to make trouble here also? It seems than neither one of you bothered to actually read all of the 2 pinned threads.  The first post in one of the pinned threads states to research before posting; he clearly did not.  Anyone that knows anything about metal knows you can not harden 4130.  A so called experienced axe maker would have known 30 pts of carbon is not enough also.

After thinking about how useless this thread is, because there is nothing here about swords that was not covered already in the pinned threads, and even in general smithing/Reference Materials.  and because someone decided it would be entertaining to start trouble, I am closing the thread. 

Problem solved.