I Forge Iron

how to use the edge of the anvil to draw out

a detailed explanation of how to use the edge of the anvil to draw out. I may not be the most qualified person to explain this, but this video certainly would have been helpful to me when I first tried to learn this. Thought this would be very helpful for people who are giving up on trying to draw out tong reins! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQuz_iN9xtY

Ethan

First 3 minutes only show flopping the modeling clay (hot metal) around on the face of the anvil. This is 3 minutes of a 10 minute video.In practice, the heat of the metal would be gone before the first hammer blow. The other thing that bothered me was tapping and letting the hammer bounce between blows. The tap and bounce was very bright in sound and distracts from the presentation. Remove both and you end up with a nice presentation of how the half and half blows work to move metal.

My suggestion is to make a video, then review the video. Then make a second or third video, correcting the small mistakes each time until you have practiced the presentation and feel comfortable. Edit, cut and paste, or whatever to make a clean, informative product. You may want to add a section at the end using real (hot) metal to show us that the information actually works.

Not picking at you just trying to offer suggestion on making a better, more polished product.