I Forge Iron

Large double valved bellows

Bully

Hi aqquired these bellows and wish to mount them in a large shed not roof mounted but waist height,  have a fair idea on how i will do it but very little in the way of diagrams and more to the point the weights location if required to control air flow. any diagrams or advice appreciated thanks  

bellows 001.JPG

bellows 002.JPG

bellows 003.JPG

The Valve side goes *down* .  On mine I had the two uprights the pins go into  go up to a crossbar that I fastened the handle to, I used rope to make it so I could switch sides or locations for the handle and balanced it so I could pump it with my pinkie.  Weights, if needed, just rest on the top side of the top of the double lunged bellows.

5 hours ago, Frosty said:

I strongly suggest you mount it high enough it's never lower than the fire pot or unburned gasses CAN back up into it. Backfires have been known to blow bellows into pieces.

Frosty The Lucky.

Thanks was intending to have them approx a foot above fire pit.

It is nice to have them out of the way as they are going to take up real estate. However I have never had one blow apart in over five years of use. You have to know what causes the flashback and the gas accumulation. Also, the ash/clinker dump can be opened; read that should be opened, at times. Mine sets just up off the floor about a foot below the bottom of the firepot.

zoar blacksmithing 8-21 023.jpg