I Forge Iron

Hummingbird

Daswulf

Yeah, Das's work always makes me smile too, Frosty, and I need a smile today too. Had a really epic fail with a piece of art work today. Wanted to make a dancing lady sculpture for the garden, body from the waist up on a spring, so she waves. Spring was too soft and she lolls about like a drunk. Going to search the scrap piles for a better spring tomorrow.

A smile a day is good for the soul, I've been a little more stressed than I need lately. We've been flushing it a couple hours a day but are still getting "interesting things" in the water. Deb's stressed so I'm stressed.

You guy's cool critters are a real relief here in the great "should be" white north.

Frosty The Lucky.

Glad my art could warm you up a bit with a smile. 

I bet Aus and I could make some awesome stuff if we could work together and feed off each others ideas.  Too bad there is a lot of land and an ocean between our scrap piles. 

Aus, I feel your pain with the spring. Tho your explanation of it gave me a laugh, "she lolls about like a drunk." Sounds like my trouble with the dodo. I'm working on the dog and have a larger spring I intend to use in the neck so he can bob his head and I'm worried it will either be too strong of fail, so I'm going to just tack it and see after the other construction is done. 

Frosty, I really hope your water clears up soon. I can imagine the trouble of it. Any way to put in a filter system? 

Yeah, Das, springs are a bit of an unknown quantity till you fit them up. Sometimes I anchor them down and test them with a weight I think will be equivalent to what they'll carry. Too soft a spring is bad and if it's too strong it will vibrate rather than swing. Although that can be good too - I have one silly bird on my verandah that I call Nervous Nellie. When I go past I give her beek a tweek and she shivers.

As for the dancing (drunken) lady, I finished up cutting that spring out and fitted another from the scrap spring pile. She's a very happy lady now - smile on her face, swings gently in the breeze. And I finally found a use for a bunch of money keys from an old cash register ... they made a good mini skirt for her. I'll post a picture of her tomorrow, when she's had a coat of Rustmasters.